Follow Really Good Stuff on Pinterest!
Pinterest is the newest social media phenomenon that is sweeping the world one virtual bulletin board at a time. Users create virtual pin boards about their favorite topics to remember ideas and products that they find while browsing the Internet. The site has become a favorite among teachers. For those early adopters, Pinterest has proven to be a great resource for teaching ideas, but those new to the site might wonder what Pinterest can do for them. Here are 20 reasons why teachers should use Pinterest to make their lives easier.
- Find lesson plans and ideas for any subject.
- Discover new behavior management strategies through pins.
- See pictures and get ideas for ways to organize and arrange the classroom.
- Discover new craft ideas for the classroom.
- Use it to organize the sites you want to remember and refer back to for future lessons.
- Network with like-minded educators.
- Find fun virtual field trip ideas.
- Learn about new products for the classroom.
- Promote your teaching blog or online store.
- Get ideas for decorating the classroom.
- Gather downloadable materials and pin them to print out when needed.
- Find new and healthy lunch and snack ideas for school.
- Be inspired by quotes and sayings that have been pinned.
- Learn about contests and giveaways.
- Find ideas for holidays during the school year.
- Get bulletin board ideas.
- Discover new ways and materials for teaching tough concepts.
- Pin sites while at a conference or professional development class for later examination.
- Share your ideas for activities with other teachers.
- Create a board of your dream classroom design and the products that would be in it.
How do you use Pinterest for teaching? Share with us and follow our Pinterest boards at Pinterest.com/ReallyGoodStuff. Need an invitation to join? Email us and we’ll send you one!