Summer may not technically begin until June 21st, but the moment the last bell rings for the school year it is definitely summer time! By the end of the year relaxation and a day without thinking about anything school related is in order. While a few months would be ideal, even one single day without a lesson plan is like nirvana. Teaching is a tough profession! If you can relate to any of the signs below, you know that summer has arrived just in time.
Top 10 Signs Your Summer Has Started
- You have started wearing your bathing suit under your clothes so you can make a quick getaway to the beach or the pool.
- The most stressful part of your day is deciding whether to read on the front porch or on the sofa.
- Lesson planning time is now weeding the garden time.
- Shorts and t-shirts have taken the prime spots in your dresser drawers.
- Your meals are now mostly grilled and slathered with barbecue sauce.
- Your conversations no longer revolve around “class,” “students” and “meetings” and instead revolve around “pool,” “friends” and “picnics.”
- The bag by the door where your school supplies used to be now holds sunscreen, a beach towel, and a good book.
- When you refer to “the kids” you are actually talking about your own children and not your class. This may confuse your relatives for awhile, since they are used to hearing you talk about your students.
- By field trips you mean appointments at the spa, farmer’s market, Target, and the local park.
- You start marking Really Good Stuff catalogs and making a “Teacher Wishlist” of Back-to-School supplies!
What is one thing that happens that makes you realize that
your summer vacation is officially underway?