Let’s face it, teaching is tough! If you are a teacher, you know that sometimes you say things in the classroom that you never anticipated saying. From “Ignore the dead scorpion on the floor” to “Don’t put the owl pellet near your mouth,” teachers say some unusual things. We asked Really Good Teachers from across the country to tell us what has been the most unusual thing they have said in the classroom and here are some of their candid and amusing responses.
50 Strange Things Teachers Say
1. “Do not disturb reading group unless you’re bleeding, you’re vomiting, or you’re on fire!” ~Terri O.
2. “Please don’t bring me presents from the toilet.” ~Jenn M.
3. “Stop eating your shoe.” ~Arlene Y.
4. “Go back and pick up your hair.” ~Kathie B.
5. “You did a great job putting on your belt. Now go back in the bathroom and turn your pants around.” ~Sara S.
6. “Quit stuffing mulch down your pants!” ~ Becky K.
7. “I don’t care that you are having fun, you are not allowed to poke people with pencils.” ~Kris W.
8. “We don’t pee on our friends.” ~Sara M.
9. “Put the fake boob on my desk and leave it alone.” ~Tracy B.
10. “Just because your finger fits in your nose doesn’t mean you should put it there.” ~Erin M.