Applying for a teaching position can be intimidating. After spending a college career focusing on methodology and best practices, teaching applicants may think they are prepared for any question thrown at them during a job interview. What may be surprising is that, according to teachers who have been through the interview process, there are always questions to throw you off guard and are far from the standard questions you would expect to hear during an interview. The questions below were actual questions during teaching job interviews; read and prepare.
20 Unusual Teaching Interview Questions
- How do you handle stress?
- What book are you currently reading?
- If money was no object, what would you have in your classroom and why?
- Which superhero would you be and why?
- Tell me about the last educational article you read.
- What flower would you be and why?
- What educational blogs and websites do you follow?
- Tell me about the worst teacher you ever had in school.
- How would your teachers describe you as a student?
- If you could be anyone for a day, living or deceased, who would you be and why?
- What was the last professional development class you attended?
- How do you deal with anger?
- Describe a time when you worked with a team to accomplish something.
- Do you prefer to be a leader or follower? Why?
- What social media sites do you use?
- How do you stay organized?
- What types of technology would you use in your classroom and why?
- If you were not a teacher, what would you want to be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What type of animal would you be and why?
What are some unusual teaching interview questions that you have been asked? Share them with us below!