Routines are the backbone of daily classroom life. They facilitate teaching and learning. Rules and routines keep your class running smoothly so that students have time to learn and achieve more. Routines and procedures have to be taught, modeled, reviewed and reinforced so that children know what’s expected of them and how to do certain things on their own. Having these predictable patterns in place allows teachers to spend more time in meaningful instruction.
The following are twenty awesome products from Really Good Stuff that will help you to establish routines at the start of the school year and keep your classroom running smoothly all year long.
1.Classroom Scheduling Pocket Chart™ – Black
2. Monthly Calendar Pages and Stickers 2018-2019 – Primary
3. Management Magnets
4. Class Schedule Magnets
5. Today’s Objectives Pocket Chart™
6. Today’s Calendar Pocket Chart™
7. Programmable Clip ‘N’ Track Pocket Chart™
8. Centers EZ-Tuck Clip ‘N’ Track Pocket Chart™ with Center Labels
9. Student Number Clothespins
10. Weekly Take-Home Tri-Fold 3-Pocket Folders
11. Beginning-and-End-of-the-Day Checklists Kit
12. Good Morning Lunch Count Poster with Magnetic Pieces
13. When You Arrive and Before You Leave Posters Set
14. Pencil Solution Pocket Chart™
15. Daily Assignments Poster
16. EZ Stick™ Classroom Line-Up Helpers
17. Build-Your-Own Flip Book™ – Welcome Back to School
The ultimate goal of teaching is not enforcing rules and routines, but teaching effectively. When teachers are effective, the majority of students are learning, goals and objectives are achieved, and teachers can feel an incredible sense of accomplishment.
What other classroom routines have you implemented that are a go-to strategy for you during the school year?